Nothing’s so bad it’s not good for something.
With more than 30 years of professional and sporting experience at home and abroad, international success in the supreme discipline of equestrian sport, Eventing, and much more life experience, now as a Mental Coach I look after ambitious people in their careers or at important crossroads of life.
You benefit from my first-hand experience of how mental training techniques, which are widely used in sports, can be applied profitably in all other areas of life.
As a Sports person
I owe my sporting success as an amateur athlete, often in participant fields peppered with professionals, without a sponsor, but with a job at my desk, to many factors. I know defeats and how to deal with setbacks and nerve-racking injuries as well as the joy of success. However, I have learned to understand my mental strengths, being able to use them specifically in sports and also to share them with my clients for their own success.
As a Professional
As a specialist and manager in IT programming, management consulting and the banking world, I look back on 30 years of professional and career experience in international corporations. Likewise, as a Coach and Mentor, I have successfully supported many people in their career planning and progression and actively helped them in their development.
Finally, in my role a superior of international and very diverse teams, I have learned humility, listening and the importance of appreciation – as well as success and failure, which go hand in hand with mental strength or its absence. The methods of mental control, which are already quite widespread in sport, can also be profitably used in the workplace. I know how this transfer works from first hand experience.
My life so far has consisted of changes and continuous new challenges, dealing with change, but also with unpredictable personal issues. At the same time, I have always enjoyed helping others and sharing my own experiences. These experiences have helped me to Mental Strength (the so called “thick skin”), the ability to let go, but also to act instead of react. Whenever possible, I no longer leave predictable things to chance and yet I can benefit from any situation, no matter how bad.
Nothing is so bad that it is not good for something. This double negation is my greatest affirmation of all the challenges life holds. The techniques of self-awareness and self-regulation to deal with difficult situations, worries, fears and hardships mentally or proactively I have found to be universally applicable and reusable. I am now able to find the positive in all the negative life holds and help my clients do the same.
As a Sport person
- my Riding student and Mental Coachee wins the B+M CC Junior Cup after 5 starts, 4 victories and a 3rd rank
- Victory in the OKV team dressage Championship with my riding club Gossau/Wetzikon
- 2nd place in CCI** Eventing Casorate (Italy)
- 6th place in the CIC* Eventing Marbach (D) – best Swiss rider in the test
- first start abroad in a CNC* Eventing test resulting in victory (Dornbirn)
- 2014 – 2019
- several times with the team of the RV Gossau/Wetzikon on the podium in OKV Championships in dressage, jumping and Eventing at the OKV club championships, me riding as last starter in most cases
- 2015 – 2018
- in three of four years victory in the CC B3 Eventing test in Dübendorf
- 2009 –
- after more than 12 years of riding break and 20 years after my last competition first start with victory in an Eventing test (Bern)
- Rhineland Champion of Pony Eventing and participation in the German Championships of Eventing and Dressage
As a Professional
- Leading role in Operational Risk Management since 2015
- Member of the Senior Management in a major Swiss bank
- 2005 – 2015 Strategy and program management of national and international programs of a major Swiss bank, technical and personnel management of international teams across continents
- Various career stages in leading international Management Consultancies in the UK and Switzerland, most recently as a member of the extended Executive Board in 2004
- Master of Business Administration in England and France (1993-1995)
- Study of Mathematics, Computer Science and Business Administration
As a normal person
- I have found the best husband of all 🙂
- Dealing with injuries – I can sing more than one song about them
- Start a new life in a new country/language/culture, remaining true to myself in the process
- Work-Life-Balance and being successful in both – the joy of success was worth the hard work
- Fear of change – not any more…
- Doubts that I cannot achieve something – not anymore, either – but I don’t want to achieve everything anymore 😉
- The realization that I can never please everyone for the joy of success – and that I don’t have to